Because of the pandemic, the Office of the Bishop had to cancel this year’s Youth Creation Care Pilgrimage, but in its place we invited everyone to make their own personal pilgrimage.
Over the summer we featured Episcopalians in the Diocese of Olympia who explored the beauty of western Washington on local trails, from mountain vistas, and in their backyards. Many thanks to these writers (pictured) for helping us redefine the idea of “pilgrimage” and for pointing out that God is everywhere: profound, accessible, and companionable.
We remain hopeful that next year’s Youth Creation Care Pilgrimage into the San Juan Islands will be fully realized. Save the dates: August 1–7, 2021!
In every walk-in with nature, one receives far more than they seek. —John Muir
Our DIY Pilgrimages
We featured seven pilgrimages over the summer:
- “An ‘At Home’ Pilgrimage” by Dr. Judith Mayotte
- “Deep Listening” by Ann Strickland
- “Political Climate: Vote for Your Future” by Dylan D’Haeze
- “Here and Now Pilgrimage” by Timi Vann
- “A Pilgrim’s Neighborhood Journey” by Bill Harper
- “The Call of Creation” by Maria Gonzalez
- “Seventy Times Seven” by Josh deLacy